Detoxification is an important part of staying healthy. With all the toxins that we are exposed to in our life, the best thing we can do for our bodies is give them a break and clean out some of those toxins once in a while.
Using the following nine simple steps, you will learn how to detox your body naturally and discover that many ways are inexpensive or even free!
1. Drink it in. Drinking water every day helps flush out your system and eliminate toxins. It will help you get clearer skin, better organ function, and will promote better circulation, respiration, and digestion. This is the cheapest, most effective, and easiest way to detoxify.
2. Start the day with a detoxifying smoothie. Try 1 cup kale or collard greens, 1 granny smith apple, 1 banana, and 1/2 cup of parsley, blended in a high speed blender with cold water.
3. Keep it clean—eat organic foods whenever possible. This will lower your toxic load, and give your liver a break. Also try to avoid processed foods whenever possible.
4. Sweat it out. Exercise helps you lose weight, stay fit, and improves brain function as well as many body systems. It also helps you sweat out the toxins that you need to get rid of.
5. Eat more natural fiber, in the form of raw fruits and vegetables and low-gluten whole grains. This will keep your digestion running smoothly. Having a well-functioning elimination system is absolutely essential for clearing out toxins.
6. Short term fasting, for just a day or two, can be beneficial, allowing your body to rest, instead of constantly having to break down and deal with toxins in the food. During this time, get nutrition in the form of raw, freshly-pressed fruit and vegetable juices. A very cleansing juice recipe is juicing 2 apples with 1/2 a fennel bulb, 1/2 of a small red cabbage, and a wedge of lemon or lime.
7. Sleep it off! Getting sleep is another crucial health tip. Not only is it essential, because your body recharges and heals itself as you sleep, but it’s also easy, free, and enjoyable. Who doesn’t like a good night’s sleep?
8. Probiotics are a fantastic way to populate your gut with healthy bacteria, so it can fight off the bad bacteria that can wreak havoc on your health. You could take supplements, but it’s much better to incorporate natural forms of probiotics, like probiotic yogurt, kefir, kombucha, and kim chi,—anything with live active cultures or that is fermented naturally is a good choice. Start slow and easy, and build up your tastes to accommodate these foods in your life…and your life will be a long one!
9. Turn to herbs instead of medications as a first resort. Herbs and essential oils can be extremely helpful with both emotional and physical pain or health issues, and have no side effects. Be sure to do your research, and consult a naturopath or other natural health expert. Herbs that can help in detoxification are dandelion, turmeric, gravel root, cypress, and hydrangea root.
Learning how to detox yourbody naturally is an important first step in the journey toward improved health. Incorporating these simple steps, one by one, into your life is an easy way to make gentle progress toward a healthier you.