Most people have very hectic work schedules and feel as if they cannot make it through the day without some form of an energy boost. For the most part this means that they turn to sugar for a quick pick me up, however that is actually more harmful than it is beneficial.
As a matter of fact, most people do not realize that the sluggish and even bloated feeling that they experience throughout the day is probably due to excess toxins in the body. With homemade detox water, inflammation can be naturally reduced, energy can be increased, the liver can be cleansed, the digestive system supported and healthier skin is also a result.
That being said, it is not necessary to visit a doctor in order to detox the body, it is easy to make your own. There are quite a few vegetables, fruits and herbs that stimulate the detoxification all the while providing the body with vitamins and minerals that help it to function properly. Once someone begins experimenting with detox waters, they begin to notice how light, clear headed and fresh they feel right after.
Once the ingredients are added to a glass pitcher or jar, they must sit for at least three to five hours, it is recommended that they even sit overnight. Before the detox water can be enjoyed a bit of added ice makes it delicious. Every single one off the detox water recipes below call for twelve ounces of water, however these portions can be played with and the combination can be tweaked as well. Adding any of these ingredients to water is an ideal way to help remove toxins from the body, reduce inflammation, boost energy and promote weight loss.
- Two cups of watermelon that have been cubed, a handful of clean mint leaves, wedges from one lime.
- One sliced cucumber, wedges from one lemon.
- Two tablespoons of pure maple syrup, lemon juice extracted from one lemon, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Two cups of cubed watermelon, one cup of strawberries that have been sliced, two sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Lemon juice extracted from ½ a lemon. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, slices of apple from half an apple, a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Three tablespoons of aloe vera gel, lemon juice extracted from one lemon.
- Half an inch knob from a fresh piece of ginger root, this must be grated, lemon juice extracted from half a lemon.
Those looking to lose weight can greatly benefit from drinking this and they will boost metabolism all the while reducing inflammation which is the main source of feeling swollen and even bloated. That being said, although homemade detox water is amazing and very beneficial, it should be combined with a healthy diet and lifestyle that includes exercise, this will bring about long lasting results. Consistency is key, meaning that it will not work if it is done only once a year, it is important to keep healthy habits going.